Brewing is integral to Minecraft if you want to take advantage of powerful buffs. Considering the multitude of potions available in the game, it’s unrealistic to remember the creation process for each of them.
Don’t worry though; that’s where we come in! Today we’ll be covering the creation process of the Potion of Weakness in Minecraft 1.20!
How to Make a Potion of Weakness in Minecraft 1.20?
Combining a Water Bottle with a Fermented Spider Eye on a Brewing Stand creates a Potion of Weakness in Minecraft 1.20. A single Fermented Spider Eye can produce up to 3 Potions of Weakness. The potion can also be converted to its ‘Splash’ variant using Gunpowder.
As explained above, the minimum ingredients required to create a Potion of Weakness include a Fermented Spider Eye and a Water Bottle. Additionally, you’ll need access to a Brewing Stand and some Blaze Powder as prerequisites to start the brewing process.
The table below summarizes important information about brewing a Potion of Weakness in Minecraft 1.20:
|Potion of Weakness
|Reduces Attack Damage by 4 (2 Hearts)
|1 Minute 30 Seconds (Ordinary)
|1x Fermented Spider Eye, 1x Water Bottle
|Splash & Extended
This guide assumes that you’ve already gathered the required resources and are ready to move on to Brewing the potion. If you haven’t collected these ingredients yet, feel free to refer to the end of the guide for tips on getting your hands on the required resources!
The Brewing Process
Once you’ve collected the required ingredients, the process becomes pretty simple – just follow the steps below to create your Potion of Weakness!
- Interact with the Brewing Stand to open up its menu.
- Place some Blaze Powder in the left-most slot to charge up the stand.
- Insert the Fermented Spider Eye in the top-most slot at the right side of the Brewing Menu.
- Place a Water Bottle in any of the three slots on the right side of the Brewing Menu. (You may place Water Bottles in all 3 slots as well since one Fermented Spider Eye is enough to produce 3x Potions of Weakness!)
- Wait for the Brewing process to complete, and collect the resulting Potion of Weakness!
How to Make a Splash Potion of Weakness in Minecraft 1.20?
The ordinary Potion of Weakness is a single-use item which won’t really help you if you want to throw it at mobs. To counter this, you can create a Splash Potion of Weakness to affect other mobs with its debuff!
Creating a Splash variant of the Potion of Weakness is pretty simple, just follow the steps below!
- Create an ordinary Potion of Weakness (Refer to the steps mentioned previously).
- Add a Gunpowder to the top-most slot at the right side of the Brewing Menu.
- Wait for the Brewing process to complete, and collect the resulting Splash Potion of Weakness!
How to Make a Lingering Potion of Weakness in Minecraft 1.20?
If the Splash variant isn’t enough and you still want to take things up a notch – you can create a Lingering Potion of Weakness using the Dragon’s Breath item!
A Lingering Potion of Weakness can be created through these steps:
- Create a Splash Potion of Weakness (refer to the steps mentioned above)
- Insert a Dragon’s Breath in the top-most slot at the right side of the Brewing Menu.
- Wait for the Brewing process to complete, and collect the resulting Lingering Potion of Weakness!
How to Make an Extended Potion of Weakness in Minecraft 1.20?
An ordinary Potion of Weakness reduces your melee attack damage by 4 (2 Hearts) for 1 minute and 30 seconds. You can extend this effect to last a whole 4 minutes by creating an Extended Potion of Weakness!
Follow these steps to create an Extended Potion of Weakness:
- Create an ordinary or Splash Potion of Weakness (Refer to the steps mentioned previously).
- Insert Redstone Dust to the top-most slot at the right side of the Brewing Menu.
- Wait for the Brewing process to complete, and collect the resulting Extended Potion of Weakness!
That covers everything you need to know about creating a Potion of Weakness in Minecraft 1.20 along with all of its different variants. However, if you’re having trouble collecting the ingredients required to produce this potion, feel free to refer to the guide below!
Collecting the Ingredients for a Potion of Weakness
To create a Potion of Weakness (after gaining access to a Brewing Stand and some Blaze Powder), you’ll need to obtain a Fermented Spider Eye and some Water Bottles. Here’s how you can collect both of these items in no time!
Fermented Spider Eye
You can craft a Fermented Spider Eye using 1x Brown Mushroom, 1x Sugar, and 1x Spider Eye. These ingredients aren’t too rare and can be found through some exploration.
Firstly, Brown Mushrooms can commonly be found in poorly lit areas (having light levels less than 12). Each chunk has a 25% chance of generating a Brown Mushroom in such places! Additionally, you can find tons of them naturally generating all portions of the Nether.
Swamps, Old Growth Taigas, and Mushroom Field biomes have a significantly increased chance of featuring these – so be on the lookout. These Mushrooms can also be obtained by mining Mushroom Trees – but those can be rare.
Secondly, Sugar is a very common crafting material that is most easily obtained using Sugarcanes. You can find these scattered all across the Overworld, spawning near water bodies. You can convert each Sugarcane you collect into one piece of Sugar.
The last crafting ingredient, Spider Eye, is collected by slaying Spider mobs. Each Spider or Cave Spider killed has a 33% chance of dropping a Spider Eye. Thus, the quickest way to obtain these would be to venture deep into a cave and wreak havoc on some unsuspecting Spiders! Witches can also drop anywhere between 0 and 6 Spider Eyes when killed.
Interacting with any source of water while having a Glass Bottle in hand fills it up with water – giving you a Water Bottle. Glass Bottles can be crafted using 3 blocks of Glass. Feel free to refer to the image shown above to understand the crafting pattern!